This year, the booth of EMG's Metals business unit will focus on the portfolio expansion of EMG's quality assurance systems and on product innovations in the strip processing sector. On display will be, among others:
- The CMOS camera-based system EMG iCAM® for strip and slit strip width measurement, which complements the well-known optical strip width measurement EMG BREIMO.
- The EMG iTiM family of strip thickness measurement systems, which was added to the portfolio of the Metals business unit with the integration of MESACON Messelektronik GmbH Dresden. Depending on the area of application in the hot or cold processing process, application-specific radar, isotope and laser technologies are applied here, which have been successfully used in industry for decades and are continuously developed further at EMG.
- A system that users of EMG solutions have been eagerly awaiting is the new generation of the EMG roughness measurement system EMG SORM®. With this system, the roughness parameters Ra, Rpc and Wsa can be determined online in production reliably and without any mechanical contact along the length and width of the strip.
- As a highlight, EMG will show a real EMG SOLID® DFT measuring system for the determination of layer thicknesses of insulating coatings on electrical sheets and demonstrate its function live on the basis of sample sheets. The application of laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy EMG SOLID® LIF for the examination of the layer thickness promises as a "gamechanger technology" to make the replacement of unloved isotope emitters possible.
Please also join our presentation at the ESTAD conference on "Quantitative measurement of insulating coatings on electrical sheet with EMG SOLID® systems".
- Last but not least, with regarding to the EVK/EVM optical strip edge and centre positioning device, the new generation of the type EVK3 will be exhibited. This is an excellent example of the continuous further development and product improvement in the strip guiding area. Let us surprise you!
Don't hesitate and visit us at our EMG stand D44 in Hall 1 and before you do, there is certainly enough time to read the remaining newsletter with more interesting topics.
Here you can register directly and make an appointment. We will also be happy to provide you with a free trade fair ticket:: METEC 2023
We are very much looking forward to your visit!